Tracks In The Lawn
Through The Dragon Gate
To The Garden Beds
- at 66 feet from dragon gate the drive
- at 87 feet across the drive
- at 106 feet the first garden bed
- at 130 feet the second garden bed
There And Back
- Add 80 feet to circle the veggie beds
- 115 feet for the return journey to the gate
- 12 feet more to my yellow chair
Three hundred thirty-seven feet.
Along The Way
- Bronze dragons at the gate
- Tracks in newly cut grass
- Wind touched skin
- Plum trees
- First bed with purple Dahlias
- Sunshine warm sweat skin
- Basalt stone path crunching
- Vegetable beds
Today’s journey of 337 feet… the center of my day. A few years ago 5 miles on Dungeness Spit….
Today I take pride in a crushed grass path to my garden.
August’s garden seedlings demand water is twice a day.
Out of this moment it’s January. A planning time setting me on a new year’s path.
Bloom where you are planted. — Author Unknown
Today I think
Only with scents,—scents dead leaves yield,
And bracken, and wild carrot’s seed,
And the square mustard field…
It is enough
To smell, to crumble the dark earth…